The Fire Ant Festival Committee is sponsoring the 2023 Fire Ant Festival Art Show.
|Entry Submission Date:|
March 2-3, 2023
5:00 – 8:00pm.
NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED BEFORE OR AFTER THIS TIME.
Submit artwork at:
Victoria Evans Memorial Library
605 North Street
Ashburn, GA 31714
- An entry fee of $50 and a completed application must be attached to your artwork. For each additional piece of art (up to 3 total may be submitted per individual), $15 is due at submission.
- Art will be displayed Monday, March 6 until Thursday, March 16, 2023 at the library. Art must be picked up the night of the 16th, after the artist’s reception.
Judging will be done while the art is in the library. This is a closed judging and will be completed by someone with an artistic background.
All of the artworks must be picked on Thursday, March 16, 2023 immediately following the reception. If you cannot be there to pick up your art, please make prior arrangements for someone else to pick it up.
Please save the date for the reception on
Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 6:30pm
at the Victoria Evans Memorial Library
605 North St.
This year’s contest will offer $1,600.00 in awards.
The Purchase Award – $1,000.00 is sponsored by the Fire Ant Festival Committee.
This piece will become part of the Fire Ant Festival Art Collection which is now displayed at the Ashburn Turner County Chamber of Commerce. The vision for the art competition is to showcase the tremendous talent in South Georgia.
First Place – $300.00
Second Place – $200.00
Third Place – $100.00
Winners will be announced and h’dourves will be served.
Rules for Art Show
- Artists must live within 150 miles of Ashburn, GA (31714).
- This is a PROFESSIONAL art show. The Fire Ant Festival Committee defines a professional artist as a person who earns a substantial portion of their income from their art or receives a salary for teaching in a secondary school or institution of higher learning.
- Student work is not accepted. A student is defined as someone who is 18 years or younger.
- The FAF Committee reserves the right to reject any artwork that does not reflect the spirit of the community.
- Limit 3 pieces of artwork per artist.
- Artwork must not exceed 30 inches of height or width. Art cannot weigh more than 40lbs including the frame. No exceptions.
- All work must be the original concept of the artist.
- All work must have been completed within the last 3 years and not previously shown in the Fire Ant Festival Art Show.
- Work must be dry, framed, and ready to hang. Please use screw eyes and wires for hanging.
The Fire Ant Festival Committee is excited to announce the winners of the 2022 Fire Ant Festival Professional Art Competition. With 16 entries in this year’s competition and $1600 in prizes, this competition was the best yet.
Each year, a judge with a professional artistic background is brought in to judge the competition. The Committee awards places 1st thru 3rd in addition to a top prize known as the the Purchase Award. This year’s purchase award’s painting will be the 26th piece of art that is going to be added to our Fire Ant Festival collection displayed at the Ashburn-Turner County Chamber of Commerce. One other award is given out – the People’s Choice Award – which is voted on by the public while the art is displayed at Victoria Evans Memorial Library.
The winners of the 2022 Fire Ant Festival Competition are:
- Purchase Award: Tracey Wilson “Ross Lake PA”
- 1st Place: Minnie G. Brown, “Showdown”
- 2nd Place: Minnie G. Brown, “Covid Dreams”
- 3rd Place: Judy Eubanks “Old Timer”
- People’s Choice Award: Minnie G. Brown “Showdown”
Congratulations to all of our winners!